Learn how to add contact properties. Make your contact list more descriptive and useful.
Adding contact properties
In order to make your contact list more useful and detailed, you can add contact properties. This can be done in the following two ways:-
After adding your contacts
When you have created a contact list by following the steps mentioned here, you can add the contact properties by mapping the columns in your file.
From your account settings
To create new contact properties and manage others, you can follow the below steps:-
- Login to your Mailercloud account.
- Click on the profile icon appearing on the bottom left.
- Select "Account".
- Go to "Settings".
- Select "Contact properties".
- Click on the "Create new property'' button appearing on the top right.
- Enter the attribute name, select the field type and the description.
- Click on the "Create" button at the bottom.
- To get directed to the contact properties page of your Mailercloud account, click here.
Can I add contact properties after adding the contacts?
Yes, you can add the contact properties after adding your contacts. To add it now click here.
Why it is important to add contact properties?
By adding contact properties you can make your existing contacts more detailed and useful. Therefore, it can make your contact list more descriptive and informative.
What are the use cases of creating custom fields/contact properties?
By creating custom fields/contact properties, a user can create personalized emails. This improves user engagement, open and clicks rates. For instance, one can include their customer name, city name or any other attributes in the emails. This will make the email recipient feel more valued and connected.